The Thought Leadership Symposium
Aggressively Led and Conducted by Alan Weiss!
Date: October 13-15, 2010
Location: The Breakers, West Palm Beach, Florida
Because of the intense interest of advanced professionals in creating dominance in their areas of expertise (and dramatically expanding that expertise), I'm conducting (not "hosting," but leading) a Thought Leadership Symposium on October 13-15, 2010. This will entail three days of intensive work in an East Coast US resort location. (I'm currently negotiating the contract.)
Rapidly move to widely acknowledged leadership in the areas you identify.
Expand and enlarge those areas to the maximum degree.
Become the "go to" person who can't be ignored and must be approached.
Create "mega-gravity" where people are forced into your orbit.
Increase your fees, increase your leads, decrease your labor intensity.
Create a life that blends your talents, personal needs, and professional repute.
No one serious in the coaching field can be unfamiliar with a special guest who is a leading thought leader—following the precedent set by Marshall Goldsmith in 2010, or in sales with Jeff Gitomer, or in small business growth with David Maister, or in solo consulting with me. That's the type of niche ownership and thought leadership to which you should aspire. Whether they agree with you or not, they must be familiar with you and your work.
Alan's Stairstep Method for multi-dimensional growth in thought leadership.
Identifying and exploiting "pulse points."
Planned and extemporaneous thought leadership role-plays.
Three books to read in preparation, which will be discussed, as models.
Practice in debate and influence.
Guest discussion leader who indisputably "owns a niche."
Examination and analysis of TED.com videos to deconstruct thought leadership.
Everyone will leave with a book outline with chapters and sub-points.*
Six, monthly, follow-up teleconferences conducted by me.
Private, five-minute, monthly, ThoughtVideo from me with ongoing insights.
2.5 intensive days, stay for the third afternoon if you can (no extra charge).
Elegant meals and wines, consistent with being an "object of interest."
"Retreat" environment—lodging and all meals included.
Limited to 16 people maximum (minimum of six).
$15,000 fee, only $12,000 for members of my various communities if enrolled by August 15.
These will be intensive, 8-to-5 days. We will work hard and play hard. But expect the toughest kind of hard work: mental challenge. Marketing will be the easy part! This will be an intellectually rewarding experience, probably rare, and perhaps unprecedented in your "normal" career progression.
Create a personal blueprint that will rapidly close the distance between your current state and your model for thought leadership.
Surround yourself with the best of my community’s talent to share and create one of the most powerful, mutually-reinforcing communities anywhere.
Introduction to additional thought leaders with whom I interact and create new contacts with this community.
Break through the barriers holding you back by interacting with those who have done what you need to do, just as you help them with what you've already done.
Intellectual stimulation, punctuated by great discussion and wonderful informal recreation.
Develop the ability to talk "beyond your niche" and become an object of interest to anyone, at any time.
- Preparation Work:
- Three books (currently vetting, to be announced, available as of June 15)
- Questionnaire to be returned to me
- Specific self- analysis to maximize participation (e.g., identification of competitors, brand strength indicator, expansion plans, etc.)
- October 12: Arrival and group dinner
- October 13:
- Identifying thought leadership as it applies to you and your future plans
- Creation of a personal blueprint and multiple "stair step" approaches
- Identification and exploitation of "pulse points"
- Role-plays as thought leaders
- Discussion of book #1
- Analysis of TED.com
- Improvements to personal plans
- Barrier analysis
- Begin personal book outline.*
- October 14:
- Share best practices, overcome remaining obstacles/barriers
- Review of book #2
- Practice in debate and influence in teams
- Create more aggressive marketing plans
- Open discussion with thought leader guest
- Post-discussion analysis of guest comments
- Create more aggressive fee structures
- Guidance on book outline specifics
- "Create your peers"
- Create personalized book outline*
- October 15:
- Discuss book #3
- Share personalized book outlines, refine, complete*
- Dates and topics for continuing teleconferences and ThoughtVideos
- Complete personalized blueprint and actions
- Share and gain accountability partners and measures
- Facilitated discussion of "beyond thought leadership"
- Maximizing global and technological leverage points
- Extemporaneous creation of intellectual property as a model
- Complete book proposal and submit to Alan (30 days)*
- Refine proposal as needed and submit to Alan's agent (60 days)*
- Begin accountability discussions with partners (1 week)
- Receive ThoughtVideos (begin in 10 days)
- Participate in teleconference series (begins in 30 days)
* If you already have written published books, or aren't interested in publishing one, then we'll substitute a teleconference series, video series, business column, annual symposium, or whatever makes sense for your situation, with specific plans.
It's time to stop being a "best kept secret." I estimate this journey will create more than 60 hours of focused, systematized work over the course of the process, in addition to your own, personal, ongoing efforts, organized toward making you a thought leader and center of expertise.
Remember, we will proceed with 6 people, but will accept no more than 16. There are no refunds unless we cancel the session, but if you must cancel, you may use your payment as a full credit against any future workshop of any kind without penalty and without time limit.
Prior to June 15: If you've registered for my Change Management program on October 28, you may use that fee as a credit against Thought Leadership and still attend Change Management! If you register for Thought Leadership and haven't registered for Change Management, but would like to do so, you may attend the latter with my compliments! Offer is valid prior to June 15.